Situated at an altitude of 14,245 ft this spectacular Indrahar Pass is lying at the border between Kangra and Chamba districts with the best of views that you’ll never see anywhere. It is short yet considered as one of the challenging treks. Trekking on this trail takes you through numerous sharp ascents and steep climbs. This trek is considered one of the most fascinating treks that Himachal offers you. The amazing views of the Dhauladhar range, greenery-filled valleys, rich & exotic flora, and fauna will make you amazed. This trail passes by the pristine crystal blue waters of Lake Mankini and Kareri. Hiking through the steep passes and the lush green landscapes of the Dhauladhar Range takes about 4 days to complete and it stays tempting all the way through.
- Witnessing the magnificent view of the Dhauladhar ranges from an elevation of 14,245 ft.
- The rustic Lahesh Caves on your way to Indrahar Pass make it a picturesque experience.
- the trek offers you the panoramic views of Dhauladhar and other Himalayan peaks on while walking through the astounding Indrahar pass
- Witnessing the spell-bounding Himalayan peaks is another highlight of this trek.
Quick facts about the trek
- The Temperature during Day ranges from 12°C – 18°C & in Night in ranges from -6°C to 4 °C
- The total Trekking distance to be covered is 35 km
- The Maximum Altitude of the ranges is 14,245 ft above sea level
- It is rated as one of the Moderately Difficult trek
- The nearest ATM is available at Mcleodganj.
This breathtaking trek to Indrahar Pass trek commences by trailing through one of the well-known trekking routes in Himachal Pradesh. It roughly takes a 5-6 hours trek from McLeodGanj to reach Triund.
The trek will also take you to the amazing Lahesh Caves. The cave is situated at an elevation of 3,500m above sea level. It is advised to cross the cave during the day as by afternoon, the terrains, as well as the weather, might challenge you with risk as well, Also read: refund for a canceled delta flight.
Trekking further on in this trail will take you through the Snowline Cafe and reach Ilaka Got.
The most exciting part of the trek is the most-awaited Indrahar Pass. As you Trail through the rocky terrains from the Lahesh Caves, it will take you to the ravishing and enchanting Indrahar Pass lying at 4,300m.
Spectating the astonishing panoramic views of the Dhauladhar Range and other Himalayan peaks from the Indrahar pass is a different experience for a lifetime.
Things To Carry for Indrahar Pass Trek
Make sure to carry the list of things while you plan for the indrahar pass trek.
- Head torch
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Walking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf
Things you need to know before you take this trek.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains so it is advised that you take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carrying basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek is mandatory.
- It is always recommended to carry sufficient dry clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek is prohibited.
- littering the local sites or campsites is prohibited. Travellers littering may be fined if found so.
- Provide a proper valid ID at the time of check-in.
- All the activities will depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity might be available only in few locations.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more hassle you hassle.
- Children below 7 years of age are not recommended for this trek.
The best Time to Visit Indrahar Pass Trek is during May to Mid-October
During the early months of the year, snow on high passes melts by August. During monsoon, Kangra and Dhauladhar range gets affected with heavy rain, but in high places, the weather is warmer and sunny, ranging from 12-20 °C during the day, while in the night, it ranges from-2 to 6 °C. During the months of September and October, mountaineers can experience good weather, with little snowfall. In the month of October, the day temperature fluctuates between 12-18 °C but the evening starts dropping (- 6) to 4 °C.