Cloud computing is a dominant technology today. From software development, testing & deployment to operations, overhaul & maintenance, cloud services provide an array of versatile, robust, and highly scalable services for anyone in need.
Cloud computing lies at the heart of numerous businesses, from worldwide mega-corporations to up & coming start-ups. Mobile application developers, online retail chains, digital academic writing services offering JavaFX abacus assignment help to students, OTT streaming services– the list goes on.
A Gentle Introduction To Cloud Computing
The evolution of the client and server model, cloud computing refers to any computational resource shared over the Internet. Cloud computing enables developers, testers, DevOps specialists, and every other user to focus on their primary needs without worrying about infrastructure & resources.
The United States of America’s National Institute of Standards & Technology defines five essential cloud computing features or characteristics. They are:
- Broad Network Access: A user should be able to access cloud computing services and carry out operations from anywhere.
- Resource Pooling: A cloud computing provider’s resources must be pooled together in such a way to support multiple users.
- On-demand Self Service: A consumer should be able to provide computing resources as necessary with minimal human interaction.
- Measured Services: Consumers should be able to use computing resources on a pay-as-you-use basis.
- Elasticity: Consumers should be able to request and avail additional resources as necessary. A service provider must be able to pool resources to provide horizontal scalability to customers.
The above five traits have made cloud computing platforms and services preferable for app developers of all kinds.
Cloud computing models and services have become hugely popular thanks to their flexibility, constant availability, and powerful integrated features & functionalities. Today, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are the extensive four cloud computing services worldwide.
- AWS was the first to introduce a cloud computing service for consumers in 2006 with the EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) service, which allowed users to create a virtual server in the cloud and deploy/test run their software within minutes. EC2 remains one of the core services offered by AWS to date.
Microsoft soon followed suit by launching Azure, followed by Google, IBM, Rackspace, etc.
- Different models and deployment strategies are now available that aim to fulfill the requirements of different service users.
Secure open-source development, server-less computing, virtual & hybrid infrastructures, APIs, AI, and machine learning, analytics, IoT, etc.- there are dedicated cloud computing services and strategies for almost every kind of developmental task.
Via cloud platforms, application developers can access & avail different networks servers, storage, applications, services, micro-services, besides conducting test runs, performing maintenance, and much more. And, all such tasks can be accomplished and provisions availed, with minimal effort or service provider interaction.
- Security, scalability, lower infrastructural costs, and faster development & deployment times are the most significant benefits of all primary cloud computing services. These services have been further refined as per user demand and have led to the rise of numerous tailor-made services such as:
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS): This model consists of the basic building blocks necessary for cloud IT and generally provides access to various networking features, virtual or dedicated computing systems, and data storage facilities. IaaS provides the highest level of flexibility & control over IT resources.
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS): This particular cloud computing model fulfills the underlying infrastructural roles of an organization by providing a dedicated platform for deployment & management of applications. PaaS makes an IT business more efficient. They do not have to worry about resource management, capacity planning, software maintenance, or any other kind of heavy lifting associated with operating an application.
- Software-as-a-Service (Saas): The SaaS model offers a complete product to a business run and managed by a service provider. Akin to end-user applications, SaaS allows users to focus on how to use a particular software without worrying about the underlying infrastructure or management.
The above three cloud computing models allow application developers to deploy apps via three specific deployment models: Cloud-based application Deployment, Hybrid Deployment, and On-premises deployment.
As evident, all the flexibility, features, and functionalities are the most significant reasons mobile app developers worldwide are embracing cloud computing holistically.
Mobile App Development In Cloud: A Match Made In Heaven
Every type of cloud computing model/service provides two significant advantages to businesses and app developers.
- Cost-Cutting: The cloud computing paradigm is wholly based on sharing and optimal utilization of allocated hardware resources. A mobile app, or any developer for that matter, needs only to pay for the time they use the resource. This reduces both the upfront hardware investment costs as well as the overhead & maintenance costs. The cloud service provider takes care of the maintenance, and the developer has seamless access to all necessary resources.
- Resource Availability: Cloud services offer ready-to-use resources to developers. Coupled with the ability of cloud providers to provision tailor-made resources as per requirements, both time and money get saved when cloud computing comes into the picture.
The benefits, the powerful features, availability of resources as per requirements, multiple deployment models– no wonder that cloud computing is transforming the mobile app development industry unlike anything before.
Cloud-based mobile application development enables developers and businesses to take their operations to new heights. Potent and feature-rich cloud computing services allow developers to create robust, scalable, super-fast, and cross-functional apps cost-effectively without worrying about resource procurement or infrastructural costs. At the same time, cloud-based mobile applications are on the rise due to the same reasons that make cloud services so powerful, effective, and efficient.
The following six points highlight the factors that make mobile app development on the cloud a rising trend in the software industry.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility.
Businesses looking to reach out to a wide variety of users focus on developing cloud-based applications. Cloud-based development and operations make it possible for apps to work on multiple platforms, be it iOS or Android. In addition, cloud-based DevOps does not just reduce the workload but also makes implementations much more effortless.
- Seamless Database Integration.
Database integration is smooth and seamless on the cloud. Mobile app developers do not need to write lines of code for integration. Everything is synced with the cloud server, thereby simplifying the whole process.
- Massive Reduction In App Development Time
Native app development is a complex and time-consuming process. With extensive resource availability, Cloud-based application development offers developers anything they need to develop, test, and deploy an app. Cloud platforms provide them all from security, micro-service API, integration to back-end connection and database connectivity. As a result, cloud computing empowers mobile app developers to create applications quickly and cost-effectively.
- No End-User Installation Necessary
Cloud-based mobile applications allow end-users to use apps without any downloading or installation. Instead, mobile cloud solutions help users capture the UI and run it directly with a reliable mobile browser.
- Remote Delivery & Deployment
Mobile cloud applications can be developed, deployed, or revised quickly and effectively using cloud services. In addition, their cross-platform capabilities enable mobile cloud developers to carry out focused overhaul & maintenance and deliver without worrying about compatibility issues.
- Speed & Flexibility, Shared Resources & Integrated Data
Mobile cloud applications can be developed or renovated unnaturally fast and in many ways, thanks to the powerful features of cloud computing models.
Storage and computing resources are no worry for applications running in the cloud. The advent of cloud-based data analytics and AI/ML models stand testament to the fact that data-intensive processes can run smoothly in the cloud.
Integrated services allow developers to pack in numerous features and develop versatile cross-platform apps that can collate and process data from multiple sources.
Before wrapping up this content, let’s reiterate why businesses embrace cloud computing tech for mobile app development.
- Better Management –> Developers and IT professionals do not need to worry about procurement and management of resources. Instead, cloud providers help keep things running.
- Integration –> Organizations can easily and fully integrate mobile systems & data into their processes and save up on time & money.
- Infrastructure –> Lack of infrastructure or the necessity of heavy resources are no longer a worry with a flexible cloud computing service that can easily handle demanding workloads. As a result, businesses do not need to worry about maintenance or any overhead costs.
- Security –> The security features of cloud computing platforms are top-notch, and developers do not need to worry about any breaches, thefts, or other security concerns.
All in all, it can be said that cloud computing is the future of not just mobile app development but of software development as a whole. Its potent features and flexible, cost-effective & resourceful nature make it the preferred choice for developers across the industry.
And, that round up this article. Hope it was an interesting read for all users alike.
Here’s a friendly tip: If you are looking for cloud computing or JavaFX abacus assignment help, always look for a genuine & professional academic writing service.