So you want to leverage influencer marketing? Great idea! But which is the best platform? That’s where it gets tricky. Sure, there are platforms like Pinterest or Facebook that give you more space for content, but Instagram is the best when it comes to influencer marketing. Rantdriven has provided 10 reasons why:
- Instagram has a higher engagement rate than other networks and users spend 30% more time on Instagram than any other social network.
- There are 1 billion monthly active users on Instagram and 95% of them visit the app every day, so your target audience will be there waiting for you.
- On Instagram, users consume content in a completely different way because they don’t want to miss anything on their feed and they like to comment, share and like more than on other platforms. They express an interest in a brand at least 3 times more on Instagram than on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
- It’s easier to gather followers on Instagram as the platform has been specifically designed for that (the follower who follows you can be easily convinced to become your customer).
- Instagram is very visual and there is a variety of media you can use, whether it’s video, picture or text posts. You can even post behind-the-scenes Snapchat photos!
- As a business, you can use Instagram to build a community because unlike Facebook or Twitter, you can create a personal profile that will connect with your followers and help build more loyalty and trust.
- There is no advertising on Instagram (for now) so there is no lack of authenticity.
- It’s also the best place to reach the youth market as they are more likely to follow, like or comment on a post than any other age group.
- Instagram is a platform where brands have the chance to create instant memories, and that’s what social media is all about.
- Instagram users are hungry for content as they spend 30% more time on the platform than on Facebook. So if you want to position yourself as a brand that can offer a unique experience then it’s definitely the place for you.
Return on investment
Brands who use influencer marketing to extend their brand identity get a return on investment ( ROI ) of at least five times higher than those who don’t. The return is found in increased revenue, increased brand engagement, and improved quality score. The ROI is also greater for companies who have established a good audience on Instagram than those who have not. That’s according to a study conducted by Influential , which examined over 600 companies that use influencer marketing to help grow their social media presence online.
While influencer marketing can be done via organic or paid channels, it is certainly a better investment when it is achieved via an influencer. The cost-per-engagement (CPE) of an Instagram account owned by a company that goes from 0 to 10,000 followers in under one year will be over five times greater than that of the same campaign conducted via influencers. That’s because the size of its Instagram audience is likely to be greater than that of an independent page.
The cost-per-engagement for such a company with 1000 followers is also likely to be five times higher than for someone who has 100 or less. In order to take advantage of the lesser cost-per-engagement and to ensure a higher ROI when using influencers, it’s important to grow an Instagram following prior to using influencer marketing.
The same goes for those companies who only have a few hundred followers on Instagram, because they will pay more for each engagement than those with over 10,000 followers. The study found that while brands with fewer than 1,000 followers spend on average $5 CPE per engagement , those with over 10,000 followers may only spend $0.19 CPE per engagement . As a result, brands with fewer than 10,000 followers will have a larger ROI if they use influencers to gain fans first and then get the most out of them via influencer marketing.
The visual nature of Instagram makes it an ideal method of implementing influencer marketing. Some studies estimate that over 4 billion times a month Instagram users engage with an ad or follower from a brand they follow. According to Influential study, sponsored posts led to an increase in both followers and engagement rates for those that pay for the ads.
Influencer marketing is a good way to spread your content and a video from an influential person can make all the difference. Recognize your influencers are important to your brand and that there is no better platform than Instagram.
So if you want to leverage influencer marketing, start by creating content that will attract your own target audience, connect with them and build relationships. You can also get your influencer marketing strategy started by working with a professional who can help you achieve this goal. So if you are interested in working with us, and if we could be of any assistance, we would like to hear from you guys.