How do I fix error 6189 and 816 in QuickBooks?
Quickbooks is a top-rated and most used accounting software by small and mid-sized accounting companies. This one software helps you in different operations like bookkeeping, accounting, payroll management and more. Though it is great software, you may encounter issues while using the application. In this post, we have discussed the Quickbooks error code 6189. This is a run-time error that you can face while opening a file on the system. Check out in detail what this issue is and how to get rid of the same.
Learn More About QuickBooks Error Code 6189
Before we explain to you how to fix QuickBooks error code 6189 816, you must know what this error is. QuickBooks error code 6189 is a company file error that you can face while you attempt to open the company file in multi-user mode. Other than this, it indicates that there is some issue with the way multi-user mode is configured on the system. This run-time error states: “ an error occurred when Quickbooks tried to access the company file. “
Because the issue is related to the Quickbooks multi-user mode and not with the accounting data, you can resolve it easily if you follow the correct methods.
Fixes for Quickbooks Error 6189
So, we hope that now you know enough about the Quickbooks error 6189 and 816. You can now pursue the fixation methods mentioned below to resolve the issue. Make sure to follow each method in the same way to avoid any issues.
Use Quick Fix My Program
You can fix most of the Quickbooks program errors using the Quick fix my program feature. For this, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool hub on your system. Check out the relevant steps below.
- For this, you will first have to open the Quickbooks official website and then download the Quickbooks tool hub.
- You will then have to click on the file that you have downloaded and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- After this, you will have to follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- When done, you will have to click on the tool hub icon to start the tool on the system.
- Now, on the tool window, you will have to click on the program problems tab.
- On this tab, click on the option for Quick fix my program.
- When done, wait for the tool to detect and fix the issues related to the Quickbooks application.
- In the end, restart your system and then check if you are facing the same issue.
Move the Company File to Another Folder
Now, the next method that you will have to follow to fix the Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 is to move your company file to a local drive if it is saved on the network. For this, check out the steps below.
- To start with, you will have to move the company file to your local drive. In case you continue facing the issue if the file is stored online.
- You may feel like saving the files on platforms like Dropbox, the drive is more convenient to use, you may face more errors when saving the file on such platforms.
- Other than this, you must avoid storing the file on any removable disk because they may not be compatible to share the file in Quickbooks multi-user mode.
Start Quickbooks Database Server Manager
Now, if you are hosting a file on the network, you will have to use the Quickbooks database server manager to keep the network stable. So, if you are facing issues while accessing the company files, you must start the database server manager on your system. Here are all the steps that you will have to follow.
- To start with, you will have to open the Quickbooks tool hub application on your system.
- You will then have to choose the network issues option.
- Under this, you will have to choose Quickbooks database server manager. In case you have not installed it on the system, you will have to install it on the system.
- When done, you will have to choose the option to start the scan.
- It will then start the scanning process.
- After this, the database server manager will fix all the file issues and also, fix firewall settings and more on your system
To Wind Up
QuickBooks error 6189 816 can occur without any prior notice but, you can resolve it easily if you know the right steps to follow. In this post, we have explained to you all the methods to fix the error. In case the issue persists, we suggest you seek technical help. You Can Read More Articles from Our Website.